It has been a minute since I have cooked something for the boys – I was out of town everyday last week and planned out meals for the boys – easy for Jack to cook : tacos, burgers and breakfast for dinner. This week is also busy, so I wanted another cook pot recipe. I came across this and thought this HAS to be good if it is call Crack Chicken!
In total this took 6 hours and 40 min. The kids LOVED it. It would be the perfect meal to feed a bunch of kids or a casual family get together instead of always ordering pizza. We also have so much leftover that I ran a some down to a neighbor. You can half this recipe if you are a family of 4, but leftovers are also great to have. Give this a try!
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 8 oz cream Cheese (block)
- 1 dry ranch dressing seasoning mix (1 oz packet)
- 6 strips bacon (cooked crisply and crumbled)
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 cup green onions (sliced)
- 6 hamburger buns
- Add the chicken, bacon and ranch seasoning mix to at least a 6 quart crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks and stir in the cream cheese. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes to melt the cream cheese.
- Top with the shredded cheddar cheese and green onions. Cover and cook on low for 10 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Serve immediately on the buns and enjoy!
Leave a Reply