Did all of you start eye cream in your 20s?? I did not… to be honest, I didn’t start eye cream until a few years ago….tell your daughters to start young! I am also a sun lover (I know, I know) and used to not mind the freckles on my chest….hit 40 and hate them and myself for not being better about sunscreen.
I started to take my skin seriously in my 30s. I can’t remember the cleanser or moisturizer I used in my 20s in NYC…..like, did I even use it?! Serums, creams, lash boosters, all of these seem very new and there are so many to choose from. It can be overwhelming. When I started getting Botox, I had the doctor look at my skin and recommend serums and a regimen. I have changed it up over the years and tried new things from different spas, but what I am doing now seems to work best for me.
Enter Priti, who owns Le Petit Spa. I started getting regular facials from Priti to keep my skin in good shape for work and keep up with these 25 year olds that I always seem to get stuck working with…..they. have. baby skin! I gave Priti the run down of what I was currently using and she had a look up close. One thing that I loved about Priti is, she told me to finish what I had and next time we can change it up. She didn’t have me buy anything on the spot…that made me really trust her. She wasn’t just in this for me to buy products from her. I continued to go back and Priti has become such a good friend. She gives my skin what I need on that particular day and her facials are amazing and so well priced. She has come up with a great routine for me and we add and take away things depending on if I am too dry, the season, etc. By the way, I am on the dry side…..the very dry side.
- Step 1: Cetaphil – I started off in my teens with this as a bar soap, moved to expensive cleaners and realized Cetaphil is perfect for me. I don’t need the others and would rather spend my money on the serums! You can’t go wrong with this gentle cleanser.
- Step 2: 4-6 drops of C E Ferulic by SkinCeuticals – this serum smells like hot dogs but it provides environmental protection, lightens lines, firms skin and brightens your complexion. I will take the hot dog smell anyday!
- Step 3: a few drops of Vitamin B Gel also by SkinCeuticals. Vitamin B is great for hydration, which I need. I boots the Vitamin C and also maximizes your moisturizer. Great for dry skin.
- Step 4: eye cream! The one thing I didn’t do until my mid 30s! I just finished AGE Eye Complex by SkinCeuticals which I loved, and now I am trying out ELASTIderm by Obaji and like it a lot! I got it from my Swan Beauty box and there wasn’t any redness or burning, so I am going to stick with it. When I went to see Priti, I was very dry around my eyes, so both of these have helped a ton.
- Step 5: SPF….which I will admit, I don’t put on everyday. I have tried so many but a lot break me out. I just got this and am currently trying – no breakouts yet!
- Step 1 : Cleanse with the Qyksonic Zoe. Priti swears by this. This is a expensive purchase and I saved a bit to buy this for myself. You put the cleanser on your face and this has high powered pulsations that enhance cleansing while also exfoliating. There are pulsations that are a firming massage. Tapping Pulsations ensure superior absorption of your skincare products. ZOE Plus features a detachable base with high-intensity pulsations for lymphatic drainage which you run up and down your neck and along your cheekbones, forehead and under your eyes. There are other versions out there such as the EZBASICS, the LUNA2, the PMD Clean, and the ReFa Clear.
- Step 2: Another thing Priti got me onto was the Environ roller. I was hesitant I will be honest, but I did it once a week, then 3x a week and now I try my best to do it every night. I can literally feel my products being absorbed. The roller restores tightness and reduces fine lines and wrinkles. You can check out the difference in people here. It is amazing!! (buy the cleanser with it because you want to disinfect it once a week)
- Step 3: I apply my GM Collins mature perfection cream. I like this, but would like to find something less expensive. It is a great cream don’t get me wrong, but I don’t swear by it.
- Step 4: Next is my Environ Youth Cream – not pictured because I have been waiting months for it!
- Step 5: GrandeLASH….OMGGGGGG yall. This stuff WORKS. It is amazing. I have tried 2 other kinds that I shall not name and one made my eyes red and itchy and they other I used and chickened out because I was afraid it would change my eye color. This has done neither. I love love love it. Zero side effects.
If I am super dry during the morning or night, I will add 1 capsule of the Daily Ceramide Comfort by G.M. Collins. This is another I can’t say enough about. It feels like butter going on your face.
WOW. After typing all of this out, I have spent a good amount of $$ maintaining my skin….but it is all worth it. Invest in yourself. Invest in your skin.
Below is a list of all that Priti offers at her two spas – call and make an appointment and tell them I sent you! (this is going to sound awful and like I am bragging, which I am not, but if you mention my name you will get in faster – at least that is what she told me! – just the messenger here 😉
- Facials – so many to choose from for men and women
- LED Light Therapy
- New Detoxifying Back treatment with complimentary scalp massage
- Lash Tinting and lash lift
- Threading and Waxing – they have won the BOB awards 10 years in a row for the best waxing in Charlotte!
- Microcurrent facial (check out my instagram for my story on microcurrent facial) – this is amazing!
Leave a Reply