Well, we may just be able to go to a few black tie events this year! So many charity events and weddings were sadly cancelled in the past 3 years and I have loved seeing brides finally be able to marry! Jack and I have two upcoming events and I am really excited for both. Needless to say, I haven’t bought a long dress in ages.
It is so hard to find the “right” dress for these events and hard to spend the money when you know you may not wear it again. I have tried Rent the Runway and it is just not for me. I am a planner. There is no way I can wait until a few days before the event, get the dress in the mail and pray that it fits and that I like it. I did it once before and the dress worked, but looking back, it isn’t something I would have picked up in the store to wear. I tend to go towards something classy, something that doesn’t break the bank and something that I can put in my closet for a few years and hopefully wear again.
While I was searching for a dress for me, I found some really beautiful ones and wanted to share! Do you have any black tie events to go to in the next few months?
- Bow V-Neck A line gown- This is so pretty and comes in black as well – love the neckline and blow detail.
- Embroidered V- Neck Gown -eeekk!! This is just gorgeous. LOVE the back. I would possibly tack the front so it isn’t so low, but love the embroidery.
- One Shoulder Flutter Sleeve Gown – This looks very Capitol (a beautiful store here in Charlotte, but it is very pricey) This dress meanwhile is $365 – elegant and different with the pattern and one shoulder.
- Skylar Gown – OMGGGEEEE. Okay, this is $55 more than $500 but holy moly this is STUNNING. Check out the other violet color too- STU—NNING!!
- Pleated Open Back Dress – the black is wayyy too $$ but this blue is gorgeous and in my opinion way prettier!!
- White Off the shoulder Gown – you can’t wear this to a wedding, but event yes ma’am! I love love love a white dress. It looks great on any skin tone and you don’t see many people wearing white, so you stand out a little more.
- Blouson Sequin Sleeve Gown – who doesn’t love a sequin dress??? If you have something in the next coming weeks, the long sleeve is great for the weather. Love the color too!
- Belted Sequin Gown – beautiful. Love it paired with the black leather jacket in the pictures too – great price and you can really dress this up too – also a great mother of the bride dress.
- One Shoulder Gold Gown – this is super popular, so unfortunately there is only one size left and sold out on every other site! Gorgeous in gold.
- Shimmering Belted Gown – this is sooooo pretty. Another dress that would look good on any skin tone. Show Stopper.
- Beloved Gown – I have so may friends that love pink and I think this is a beautiful option. Again, I would tack up the front more because you have a beautiful back, no need to show it all!
- Off- The Shoulder Gown – classy black or go full on red. This is a gown you will definitely wear again.
Let me know if you liked these!