I don’t know about you, but being a mom of two boys has changed me. I was a cheerleader growing up and lets be honest, I was looking at the boys, not the game 😉 Now, I love sports …don’t ask me what that whistle meant or what that call was all about, but I sure do love watching my boys play. A great day for me is a Saturday full of sports. Lawton has really been into sports since he was little – knows every players name, their jersey number, what team they play for (football and basketball) and especially watches the trends these guys are setting. The LOUDER the better and I am all about it.
Lawton and I have come up with a list of things that your boys (and girls) need this season. Throwback jerseys, basketball shoes, bucket hats and lets not forget, the off the court shoes because no one wears their basketball shoes OFF the court these days, you have to pack them in a bookbag and bring them out when you are about to play. Helllloooo mom!!!
Let’s start with some shoes – Now, I am not going to lie. Basketball shoes can be expensive. When Lawton came to me at 7 years old asking for Kyrie Irving shoes I said sure ( I had no clue the price) and then we went to Dicks and they were $120. I said “hell no son!” $120 for a pair of shoes for a 7 year old? He cried and I made him look at every other basketball shoes in the store but the kid had his mind set. These were THE shoes. Like I said above, Lawton actually CARES about who/what he is wearing because of the way he follows these guys. I ended up buying them and Wyatt was able to also wear them (yay for hand me downs!). Now, I am into the shoes as much as Lawton! Here are some favorites.
- These are the shoes that Lawton has been playing in for this past season and he loves them – anything Steph Curry is a win win.
- ALL Kyrie shoes are a must. Both boys have had a few pairs – they play well, they hold up well and his patterns are always cool. Here are a few of my favorites 1. 2. 3. 4.
- Now, if you are into Lebrons, here are a few of my favorites too – Lawton doesn’t like Lebron, so he refuses to wear him and won’t let Wyatt get any of his shoes either – (boys!) 1. 2. 3.
Now let’s talk OFF the court. Did you know that CROCS are back in with these kids? Never in my mind did I think my boys would ask for crocs for Christmas! The ones they got are cute on them and they haven’t taken them off since.
- Lawton got these from my parents – he loves them. They have fleece inside which was a nice surprise.
- Wyatt got these and HAS NOT TAKEN THEM OFF
- Here are some cute slides also if you just can’t stand the crocs 😉 1. 2 3. 4.
Also, BUCKET HATS. I can’t with this request from Lawton this year for Christmas….but, he got one and he does look pretty cute in it 😉 His request? One with hamburgers or donuts on it – donuts for the win.
Here are some cute ones – and when I say cute, I am trying my best to stomach this “trend” because I can’t stand a bucket hat on a man!
And now, for the throwback jerseys – like Law is wearing above. If you have boys and you once thought, well I am going to get off a lot cheaper having boys, you are BUT, they can be expensive too! Jerseys are a pretty penny as well….Here are some of his favorites.
- 1. Kyrie Irving Throwback
- 2. Hakeem Olajuwon Throwback
- 3. Magic Johnson
- 4. Micheal Jordan
- 5. Moses Malone
Okay, my first post DONE! Hope you enjoyed looking at the trends these boys are into these days…cool or tacky? Maybe both 😉